AVM has released a new Fritz!OS version for the top model of the Fritz!Box: Version 7.20 brings a lot of new features. While many home office users depend on working internet, I installed the current version - so far without problems, the sync rate remained at 292 MBit/s.
The new features include WPA3 and improvements to the MESH network - there is no suitable software available yet for the 1750E repeater, but this will not be long in coming. The complete changelog:
- Mesh: Mesh Steering optimizations improve WLAN performance for mobile devices. > more
- WI-FI: WPA3 uses new encryption methods for the WLAN. At the same time, the proven protection with WPA2 ensures security and compatibility. > more
- Home network: The new device lock makes it particularly easy to switch individual devices in the home network off and on again to access the Internet.
- USB/memory: By default, FRITZ!Box supports the SMBv3/v2 protocol of the Windows network drive function. SMBv1 can be optionally enabled. > more
- WI-FI: OWE/Enhanced Open (Opportunistic Wireles Encryption) enables encrypted connections at the WLAN guest access (public WLAN hotspot) > more
- FRITZ!Fon: Smart phonebook shows suitable suggestions already during number entry
- Telephony: Support for encrypted telephony
- Telephony: Support for online phone books from Apple (iCloud), Telekom Mail and CardDAV providers
- Internet: Transmission speed of VPN connections significantly improved
- Internet: DNS over TLS for encrypted resolution of domain names
- System: Language selection in the user interface: The user interface of FRITZ!OS is now multilingual.
For the Fritzfon C5 there is also a suitable firmware update to version 4.57, which brings the functionality of the Fritz!OS update to the phones. Also exciting: DNS over TLS is introduced in the Fritz!Box, even if you can use PiHole can already use this function easily.
The next few days will show how the Fritz!OS 7.20 performs in practice. Especially in times of Home Office users who are dependent on their internet should perhaps delay the update a little longer.
- High-end WLAN AC+N router according to Multi-User-MIMO with 1.733 (5 GHz) + 800 MBit/s (2,4 GHz) simultaneously, supports WLAN-Mesh
- Telephone system for Internet and fixed network with voice-to-mail and fax-to-mail, integrated DECT base station for up to six cordless telephones, connections for analog and ISDN telephones
- Media server (UPnP AV) distributes movies, photos and music in the home network to suitable receivers, such as tablets, TVs, hi-fi systems, etc.
- 4x Gigabit LAN for connection of computers and game consoles, 2x USB 3.0/2.0 ports for printers and storage in the network
- Scope of delivery: FRITZ!Box 7590, power supply, 4.25m DSL telephone connection cable, 4m DSL cable, 1.5m LAN cable, installation instructions, TAE/RJ45 adapter, TAE/RJ11 adapter
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-03-02 at 03:45 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API