FreeNAS has been released today in the final version 9.2.1, which brings some new features. This includes support for SMB3 and some bugfixing.
The complete changelog is available as always at FreeNAS.orghere are only the most important innovations:
- Samba 4.1.3 with SMB3 support
- Switch from Avahi to mDNSResponder, making it easier to find shares for Macs
- Improvements to the Web GUI
- New features for ZFS: enabled_txg hole_birth, extensible_dataset, bookmarks
- Troubleshooting, general performance improvement
I myself will wait a few days NAS upgrade - maybe then you can also Wake-On-LAN which unfortunately ceased operation with the last FreeNAS version 9.2.0.
The download of FreeNAS 9.2.1 (both new installation and update) is available as always at FreeNAS.org.
If you want to use Wake-On-LAN with this FreeNAS version, you should download the accompanying manual read through - unfortunately it does not work on all systems without further ado, possibly a change in a configuration file is necessary.