FreeNAS 9.2.0 has not been available for that long, so version 9.2.1 is announced in the form of a BETA. The most important new feature: Samba 4.1.4.
It stops loudly Release Notes for FreeNAS 9.2.1-BETA the SMB3 protocol and the possibility to use FreeNAS as a Windows Domain Controller. More exciting points from the changelog (excerpt):
- Bugfixing for Netatalk, which fixes a bug when viewing shares on MacOS X
- Switch from Avahi to mDNSResponder
- New ZFS functions: enabled_txg hole_birth, extensible_dataset bookmarks
- Fixed kernel module loading for fuse, which is used for importing NTFS volumes
- Fix for various bugs that could not be fixed in 9.2.0
As always with BETA version and especially with beta version for a NAS software, the following applies: do not install on systems used in production, data security cannot be guaranteed. If you depend on your data, you should be happy about the hopefully soon appearing innovations and install the beta on a test machine.
A list of open and known bugs for this release can be found here, who wants to help the developers Download FreeNAS 9.2.1-BETA here.