Yesterday, Apple launched its Smartwatch line iOS 8.2 was introduced at the same time - in addition to support for the Apple Watch, the update also contains further improvements.
The Update to iOS 8.2 doesn't bring any significant new features apart from support for Apple's clock - this is probably not expected until the next "real" update to iOS 9 with the next generation of Apple devices. Slight advantages iOS 8.2 also for older devices like the Ipad 2 or the Ipad 3 with Retina Display: here the performance has been slightly improved, which many users complained about when switching from iOS 7.1.x to 8.0.
The complete changelog is quite extensive and includes changes for Exchange server support and various other improvements.
Apple Watch support
- New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize Watch settings
- New Activity App for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
- Available on iPhone 5 and later
Health App improvements
- Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
- Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
- Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
- Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
- Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
- Fixes an issue where Health data would not refresh after changes data source order
- Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
- Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed
- Increases stability of Mail
- Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
- Improves stability of music
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn't autocorrected
- Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn't sync from iTunes to the Music app
- Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
- Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
- Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
- Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
- Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer's Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as "busy" after accepting an invite.
iOS 8.2 Jailbreak not available
As with every iOS update, there is currently no jailbreak option - it is also open whether a Jailbreak for iOS 8.2 or if the corresponding programmers are waiting directly for iOS 8.3, which will be released in the near future. Currently, users who are dependent on a jailbreak are not advised to update to iOS 8.2.